Natalie J Leroux, formally Natalie J Mroczka, is a Creative Director and Graphic Designer and with over 7 years experience in digital advertising, corporate branding and print design.
Below is a collection of both personal and professional facts about Natalie:
1. She is unusually knowledgable about typography, fonts and lobsters. BUT she strongly dislikes the overused typeface Lobster. She may or may not have had a Tumblr page dedicated to proving this fact.2. In high school Natalie was an all state field hockey player in New York, and even played field hockey during her freshman year at the University of Rochester. Unfortunately, field hockey isn’t easily played into adulthood, so she stays active by running, hiking and cross country skiing.
3. Her senior year at the Rochester Institute of Technology she created a promotional poster series to help her land her first job. The poster highlighted some aspects of Natalie’s personality that are contradictory (ie. Organized Free Spirit). It worked! Later, she received the Best of New England (BoNE) Award from the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA).
4. Natalie spent six years in digital advertising at a medium-sized agency in Boston. Just four years on the job she was promoted to Creative Director. In addition to managing a team of 10+ designers, Natalie worked closely with clients from Hollywood Records, RCA, Universal Music Nashville and Founders Entertainment.
5. Natalie is available for freelance work. Her corporate work can be found here. She would love to help your company with any branding, illustration and/or visual content it may need. Feel free to reach out!
6. Natalie has two tattoos. A compass on her foot to always guide her in the right direction and the word “invincible” on her left forearm in honor of her mom and as a reminder that life is short, bad things can happen but living life in fear of the bad things is no way to live at all.
7. Natalie and her husband Steve were married in Boothbay Harbor Maine in May of 2015. Their wedding hashtag was #notakebacksies because less than hour after he proposed Natalie caught him rolling his eyes and quickly flashed her ring and said “No take back-sies!” They wrote their own vows and Natalie made most (if not all) of their wedding guests reach for their handkerchiefs when she addressed Jackson, Steve’s son, first.
8. In addition to being Jackson’s step-mom, Natalie is mom to son James.
9. Maine holds a special place in her heart. Not only did she get married there, but has taken several memorable trips there with her husband, family and friends. She also spent a handful of childhood summers running around barefoot on the muddy shores of Saturday Pond in Otisfield Maine. One day she hopes to reside there permanently.
10. Natalie is also a licensed real estate agent in Massachusetts. If you or someone you know is planning on buying or selling home in Central Massachusetts let me know!